Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday 9 December 2013

EXCERPT FROM IPPC 2013



YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON WHO YOU FOLLOW…


Delegates to the morning session of the Conference this Saturday were treated to great words of wisdom from a man who is so much in love with wisdom, Bro Strive Masiyiwa. Bro Masiyiwa who came to the podium thanking the brethren for the love they showered on him by voting him as the leading contender for Forbes African of the Year narrated how he initially was not interested in the competition until Rev Ken Oyakhilome and other ministers encouraged him to participate. He started by reminding the audience that next year will mark his 20 years as a born again Christian and that the journey has been quite awesome.

According to Bro Masiyiwa, his life took a different turn after he embarked on a 40 day fasting and praying with the Lord reveling to him what steps to take in his life. The Lord, he said took him to the Book of Psalm 2.8(KJV) “Ask of me and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.”. This should set him rolling, but because he didn’t get the full understanding, he had to go to the New International Version to be able to have the full understanding of what the Lord was telling him which is “Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession”.

Off he set out to the ends of the earth and since then he has not looked back. This has taken him to virtually every country in the world starting with his native Zimbabwe. According to him I’m leaving Zimbabwe to the nations and build a global company. “In 2000,as is usual in those days, you know how business is done the African way. I remember arriving in New Zealand. This is quite far from where I come from. It’s part of the uttermost part of the earth. I didn’t have Pastor Chris then. I took a while for me to fully understand the word”.

Narrating his experiences as he traveled across the world “I went from nation to nation and sometimes we were chased out. I initially went next doors. I ended up in Fiji. There were persecutions, including Nigeria. I dusted myself and say to the uttermost part of the earth, let’s go”.
However, he noted that he did not understand most of what he was doing then and the Lord said to him, “you know your revelation is not complete”, that was when he met Pastor Chris. Narrating further, he said that the knowledge he got from listening to Pastor Chris messages startled him and led him to study more. He admonished the brethren especially the younger ones on how to listen to Pastor’s messages. “When I listen to Pastor Chris, I have a routine. I just want to just share with those young people out there. This is what I do. In the morning, I listen to the message seating down. I’ll listen to all the messages from IPPC throughout Christmas. I listen over and over and then pray. I’m only finished with a message when I know what to do with it.”

He also highlights the importance of  2 Timothy, 2:15…”Rightly dividing the word of truth”. “Twitter he says calls us to follow celebrities. Who do you follow? It’s the word of God that’s important. It’s the only thing that can build us”. Concluding, he said that this is my message to you today. If you’re in the twitter world, good, stay with the word, follow the word. Just as I’m a partner with knowledge because of the word. Knowing what to do and when. I cannot say much more than that this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Did you know...?

Do you know the right ear is more efficient for listening to speech, while the left ear is better at listening to music.

Favourite Quotes

"It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership".

Nelson Mandela

Riddles

There are five people at a table and a pie sliced into 5 pieces. Each person has a piece of pie in front of them, yet the pie tin still has a piece of pie in it. How is this possible?